Roles and Responsibilities
Overall management of the project including:
- Work with the project team including Project Superintendents, Project Engineers, Foreman, and Field Staff, as well as other office departments to deliver successful projects on time and on budget with desired level of quality.
- Assist with estimating and manage preconstruction and construction services.
- Create project budgets and manage the project financials including projections for labor, materials, equipment, subcontracts, and purchase orders.
- Identify and manage project including risks to budget, schedule, quality, and overall success.
- Allocate project estimate within KNCC’s accounting system using the established processes and tools.
- Understand, review, and manage project plans, specifications, and manufacturer’s data and execute project based upon said documentation.
- Review construction documents for completeness and constructability.
- Generate, issue, advertise, and evaluate subcontractor bid packages and bids.
- Generate and issue complete subcontracts including detailed scopes of work.
- Assign cost codes to all costs per project budget and approve invoices while making budget management decisions.
- Work with project team to track productivity and forecast labor needs in terms of schedule and budget.
- Provide forecasts and regular project reports to Accounting and Executives.
- Generate owner billings monthly or as required per the contract.
- Perform buyout, produce and negotiate subcontractor and supplier agreements defining scope requirements.
- Review, manage, and approve subcontractor billings and payment
- Manage change control ensuring logs are always up-to-date, owners are notified of changes and impacts in a timely manner including production and negotiation of changes, and subcontract or purchase order changes are current.
- Manage project staff and project staff organization including:
– Create project organization chart and assign team responsibilities
– Manage career development and provide continuous feedback of work performance for Assistance Project Manager(s) and Project Engineer(s)
- Represent the company as the main point of contact for the Owner and Design team including:
– Participate in the review and negotiation of owner agreements.
– Assist with permitting and authority having jurisdiction, representing the project and the owner’s interests.
– Continually work to maintain positive relationships and possible future work opportunities.
- Work with Project Superintendent to develop and update project master schedule.
- Understand construction law, current codes, and general building science and best practices.
- Work with project team to ensure company safety program, quality control program, and all company policies and procedures are enacted.
- Manage closeout process as well as warranty period for projects.
- Responsible for overall risk management of project(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management or 5 years comparable management experience and 5 years construction experience.
- Proven leadership or supervisory role.
- Ability to multitask.
- 5 years of construction experience.
- Computer skills and Microsoft Office experience, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Project experience preferred.
- Current Oregon driver’s license.
- Insurable driving record.